The El Paso County Volunteer Program is a wonderful opportunity for citizens to learn about the various functions of county government as well as give back to the community. The County’s numerous boards and commissions need your experience, talents and time.
Complete the Application Form
Download one of the following application forms and apply via EMAIL, FAX, or POSTAL MAIL
Fill out the application form and:
- EMAIL the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to Volunteer@elpasoco.com or
- FAX the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to (719) 520-6397 or
- POSTAL MAIL the application and letter of interest and/or résumé to:
El Paso County Commissioners’ Office
Attention: Ingrid Mobley
200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2208
Volunteer Needed for El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
El Paso Colorado Springs, CO, November 15, 2023 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the Fairgrounds Corporation. Applications for the open position are due by November 30, 2023.
The Fairgrounds Corporation is currently seeking two private citizens.
The Fairgrounds Corporation is a non-profit corporation established by the Board of El Paso County Commissioners to acquire, manage, and/or hold a liquor license assigned to the El Paso County Fairgrounds; to support the use of the El Paso County Fairgrounds for special events which the consumption of alcohol is desired; and through its operation, to provide funding to support the El Paso County Fair, the El Paso County Fair and Events Complex, and the El Paso County 4-H program.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Swink Hall on the El Paso County Fairgrounds, 366 10th St Calhan, CO.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Colorado State University Extension Advisory Committee
Colorado Springs, CO, December 5, 2023 – The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Colorado State University Extension Advisory Committee. Applications for the open position are due by December 21, 2023.
The CSU Extension Advisory Committee is currently seeking several volunteers who represent the following:
- Horticulture/Natural Resources
- Youth Development/4-H
- Family and Consumer Science (2 positions open)
- Food Systems and Natural Resources
- Community at Large
The mission of the El Paso County Extension Advisory Committee is to promote, advocate, and support the County’s Cooperative Extension programs and staff by developing and implementing a strong marketing strategy that results in educating community officials and providing information flow between county citizens and CSU Extension.
The CSU Extension Advisory Committee consists of 12 members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for three-year terms. Terms are limited to two full consecutive terms.
The committee meets on the first Tuesday in the months of February, April, September, and November at 6:00 p.m. Locations vary but meetings are typically held at the Extension Office, 17 N. Spruce St., Room 224, Colorado Springs, CO.
- 911 Emergency Response Center Authority Board
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of County Commissioners
- Board of Health
- Board of Retirement
- Citizen Outreach Group
- City / County Board of Review
- City / County Drainage Board
- Community Corrections Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Community Services Block Grant Advisory Board
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- CSU Extension Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
- El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
- El Paso County Planning Commission
- Emergency Services Authority
- Facilities Corporation
- Housing Authority
- Joint Initiatives Reach Committee
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Park Advisory Board
- Park Fee Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging Regional Advisory Council
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Community Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Library District Board
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Licensing Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Technical Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Pioneer Village Roads PID Advisory Committee
- Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Widefield Water and Sanitation District Citizens’ Advisory Council