The El Paso County Volunteer Program is a wonderful opportunity for citizens to learn about the various functions of county government as well as give back to the community. The County’s numerous boards and commissions need your experience, talents and time.
Complete the Application Form
Download one of the following application forms and apply via EMAIL, FAX, or POSTAL MAIL
Fill out the application form and:
- EMAIL the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to Volunteer@elpasoco.com or
- FAX the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to (719) 520-6397 or
- POSTAL MAIL the application and letter of interest and/or résumé to:
El Paso County Commissioners’ Office
Attention: Ingrid Mobley
200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2208
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Board of Adjustment
El Paso Colorado Springs, CO, June 27, 2022 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the Board of Adjustment. Applications for the open position are due by August 22, 2022.
The Board of Adjustment is currently seeking two Associate members and two Regular members.
The Board of Adjustment hears and decides on issues of physical variances related to the county zoning code. Variance requests may include changes to dimensions, structural location, bulk limitations, or other development requirements.
The board consists of 4 regular members and several associate members who vote on a rotating basis. Regular members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for three-year terms and are limited to two full consecutive terms; associate members are appointed for one-year terms and may be reappointed for up to a maximum of 6 consecutive terms.
Board meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 9:00 am at the Regional Development Center, 2880 International Circle, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board
El Paso County, CO, July 5, 2022 – The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board. Applications for the open position are due by August 22, 2022.
The Community Development Advisory Board is currently seeking one new member currently residing in and able to represent County Commissioner District 2.
On April 1, 2009, El Paso County became an “entitlement community” and was awarded a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to carry out a wide range of community development activities directed toward revitalizing neighborhoods, economic development, and providing improved community facilities and services.
The Community Development Advisory Board (CDAB) reviews matters of importance regarding the CDBG program and makes recommendations to the Board of El Paso County Commissioners concerning community development issues and use of CDBG funds.
Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. (as necessary) at the Economic Development Office at 9 East Vermijo, Colorado Springs, CO. (across the street from the courthouse)
- 911 Emergency Response Center Authority Board
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of County Commissioners
- Board of Health
- Board of Retirement
- Citizen Outreach Group
- Citizen Review Panel
- City / County Board of Review
- City / County Drainage Board
- Community Corrections Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Community Services Block Grant Advisory Board
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- CSU Extension Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
- El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
- El Paso County Planning Commission
- Emergency Services Authority
- Facilities Corporation
- Highway Advisory Commission
- Housing Authority
- Innovation and Technology Committee
- Joint Initiatives Reach Committee
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Park Advisory Board
- Park Fee Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging Regional Advisory Council
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Community Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Library District Board
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Licensing Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Technical Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Pioneer Village Roads PID Advisory Committee
- Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Widefield Water and Sanitation District Citizens’ Advisory Council