The El Paso County Volunteer Program is a wonderful opportunity for citizens to learn about the various functions of county government as well as give back to the community. The County’s numerous boards and commissions need your experience, talents and time.
Complete the Application Form
Download one of the following application forms and apply via EMAIL, FAX, or POSTAL MAIL
Fill out the application form and:
- EMAIL the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to Volunteer@elpasoco.com or
- FAX the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to (719) 520-6397 or
- POSTAL MAIL the application and letter of interest and/or résumé to:
El Paso County Commissioners’ Office
Attention: Ingrid Mobley
200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2208
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
El Paso County, CO, Sept 27, 2021 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Fair Advisory Board. Applications for the open position are due by October 29, 2021.
The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is currently seeking four Associate members.
The El Paso County Fair Advisory Board assists with the development, management, programming, operation, and maintenance of the Fair and Events Complex in Calhan. Board members also help to produce the annual County Fair.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.at Swink Hall on the El Paso County Fairgrounds, 366 10th Street, Calhan, CO.
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Citizen Review Panel
El Paso County, CO, October 14, 2021 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Citizen Review Panel (“CRP”). Applications for the open position are due by October 30, 2021.
The CRP is currently seeking four (4) private citizens to serve as volunteer panel members.
The Board of County Commissioners (“BOCC”) established the El Paso County Department of Human Services Citizen Review Panel as an advisory board pursuant to Section 19-3-211, C.R.S. The CRP serves as an extension and continuation of the complaint process established through the County Department of Human Services Quality Assurance Program. It also provides a forum for the discussion of unresolved consumer concerns regarding the conduct of County Department of Human Services employees involved in Dependency and Neglect (Child Welfare) cases.
The members of the CRP shall be appointed by the BOCC, be representative of the community, have demonstrable personal or professional knowledge and experience with children, and not be employees or agents of the State of Colorado or the County. At least one member of the CRP shall be the parent of a minor child at the time of his or her appointment to serve on the panel.
The CRP meets three times annually at 3:30 pm on the first Tuesday of April, August, and December, and on an as-needed basis, at the Department of Human Services, Community Conference Room #3032, 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado and due to Covid-19, our meetings are being held virtually, via Web-Ex.
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee
Colorado Springs, CO, October 15, 2021 – The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee. Applications for the open position are due by October 29, 2021.
The Committee was created by the El Paso County Planning and Community Development Department and the Department of Public Works to provide recommendations to the Commissioners on the implementation of the unincorporated county-wide road impact fee program, in compliance with local, state, and federal laws. Information about the Road Impact Fee can be found at: https://publicworks.elpasoco.com/road-impact-fees/.
The Advisory Committee consists of nine members. Membership is comprised of the following groups: three members of the development community, three county staff members, one representative of the Colorado Springs Housing and Building Association, and two citizens-at-large. Terms are for three years and are limited to two full consecutive terms.
The board meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 1:30, virtually and/or at the Regional Development Center, 2880 International Circle, Pikes Peak Meeting Room, Colorado Springs, CO.
The Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee is seeking one Citizen Representative. The Citizen Representative shall represent citizens at large in El Paso County, should be knowledgeable about transportation and not associated with the development community.
- 911 Emergency Response Center Authority Board
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of County Commissioners
- Board of Health
- Board of Retirement
- Citizen Outreach Group
- Citizen Review Panel
- City / County Board of Review
- City / County Drainage Board
- Community Corrections Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Community Services Block Grant Advisory Board
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- CSU Extension Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
- El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
- El Paso County Planning Commission
- Emergency Services Authority
- Facilities Corporation
- Food Policy Advisory Board
- Groundwater Quality Study Committee
- Highway Advisory Commission
- Housing Authority
- Innovation and Technology Committee
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Master Plan Advisory Committee
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Park Advisory Board
- Park Fee Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging Regional Advisory Council
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Community Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Library District Board
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Licensing Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Technical Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Pioneer Village Roads PID Advisory Committee
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Widefield Water and Sanitation District Citizens’ Advisory Council