The El Paso County Volunteer Program is a wonderful opportunity for citizens to learn about the various functions of county government as well as give back to the community. The County’s numerous boards and commissions need your experience, talents and time.
Complete the Application Form
Download one of the following application forms and apply via EMAIL, FAX, or POSTAL MAIL
Fill out the application form and:
- EMAIL the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to Volunteer@elpasoco.com or
- FAX the completed application form and letter of interest and/or résumé to (719) 520-6397 or
- POSTAL MAIL the application and letter of interest and/or résumé to:
El Paso County Commissioners’ Office
Attention: Ingrid Mobley
200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2208
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
El Paso County, CO, Sept 27, 2021 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Fair Advisory Board. Applications for the open position are due by October 11, 2021.
The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is currently seeking four Associate members.
The El Paso County Fair Advisory Board assists with the development, management, programming, operation, and maintenance of the Fair and Events Complex in Calhan. Board members also help to produce the annual County Fair.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.at Swink Hall on the El Paso County Fairgrounds, 366 10th Street, Calhan, CO.
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Pioneer Village Roads Public Improvement District Advisory Committee
El Paso County, CO, July 29, 2021 – The Board of El Paso County Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the Pioneer Village Roads Public Improvement District Advisory Committee. Applications for the open position are due by September 30, 2021.
The Pioneer Village Roads Public Improvement District Advisory Committee is currently seeking one (1) member.
In conjunction with the establishment of the El Paso County Pioneer Village Roads Public Improvement District, the Board of County Commissioners also created the El Paso County Pioneer Village Roads Public Improvement District Advisory Committee. The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding the public improvements to be funded each year, the awarding of contracts, and the need to seek an increase of the maximum mill levy for the PID.
The Advisory Committee consists of five members. All members serve two-year or three-year terms. Terms are limited to two full consecutive terms.
Meetings are held monthly or less often, as needed at 3:30 p.m. at Centennial Hall, 200 South Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO or virtually on Teams.
Applicants must be taxpaying electors of the District for the duration of their appointment. To be a taxpaying elector, you must 1) be registered to vote in Colorado and 2) own, or your spouse or civil union partner must own, taxable or real personal property within the District. You do not need to reside within the District.
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Highway Advisory Commission
El Paso County, CO, July 19, 2021 – The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Highway Advisory Commission. Applications for the open position are due by September 27, 2021.
The Highway Advisory Commission (HAC) reviews and comments on issues relating to the management and operation of the Transportation Division and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners and the Department of Public Works. Highway Advisory Commissioners must demonstrate an active interest in the goals and objectives of the Transportation Division and be willing to work with other members to achieve the goals and objectives and help resolve problems.
The commission consists of nine members who are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for three-year terms. Five members represent each of the county commissioner districts, with the remaining members representing the county At-large.Terms are limited to two full consecutive terms.
Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday, bi-monthly at 9 am at 2880 International Circle. The meetings are held in January, February, and then, every other month (April, June, August, October, and December)
Applications are being accepted for one District 5 representative (you must live in District 5).
- 911 Emergency Response Center Authority Board
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of County Commissioners
- Board of Health
- Board of Retirement
- Citizen Outreach Group
- Citizen Review Panel
- City / County Board of Review
- City / County Drainage Board
- Community Corrections Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Community Services Block Grant Advisory Board
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- CSU Extension Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
- El Paso County Fair Advisory Board
- El Paso County Planning Commission
- Emergency Services Authority
- Facilities Corporation
- Food Policy Advisory Board
- Groundwater Quality Study Committee
- Highway Advisory Commission
- Housing Authority
- Innovation and Technology Committee
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Master Plan Advisory Committee
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Park Advisory Board
- Park Fee Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging Regional Advisory Council
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Community Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Library District Board
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Licensing Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department Technical Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Pioneer Village Roads PID Advisory Committee
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Road Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Widefield Water and Sanitation District Citizens’ Advisory Council