August 11, 2020 — El Paso County Public Health, El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management will hold a joint news conference Tuesday, August 11, at 2 p.m. to highlight the opening of a new community-based COVID-19 testing site that will offer easy, free, and convenient access to testing.
WHAT: Opening of new community-based COVID-19 testing site
WHO: Order of speakers:
Mark Waller, Chair, El Paso County Board of County Commissioners
Jim Reid, Director, Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
Dr. Robin Johnson, Medical Director, El Paso County Public Health
Mayor John Suthers, Colorado Springs Mayor
WHEN: Tuesday, August 11, at 2 p.m.
WHERE: Citadel Mall, 680 Citadel Dr. East, in the parking lot just south of JCPenney
MEDIA: Media please arrive by 1:50 p.m. to set up.
The news conference will be live-streamed on the Facebook accounts for El Paso County and the City of Colorado Springs.
Questions may be submitted in advance or during the broadcast to
Out of respect for privacy, media are asked not to capture identifiable information of people accessing services at the testing site to include faces and vehicle license plate numbers.
The new location adds to testing options already available throughout El Paso County. Testing is encouraged for people experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, first responders, health care workers, critical infrastructure employees, teachers, and individuals who work in congregate settings.
Important Testing Information:
- Testing is free
- Testing is encouraged for individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Testing will be provided for anyone who feels the need to get tested for COVID-19
- Testing will be provided to individuals 2 years of age or older
- No insurance or referral is required
- There are resources on site for our Spanish-speaking population
- Pre-registration is recommended but not required
- Registration link can be found here: www.elpasocountyhealth.org
- Testing site hours will be Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.