Longinos Gonzalez, Jr. serves District 4 on the Board of County Commissioners. His district encompasses southern and eastern El Paso County, including the Towns of Fountain, Security/Widefield, Hanover, Ellicott, Rush, Yoder and the south-southeast areas of Colorado Springs as well as the unincorporated area of Stratmoor Hills.
Graduating from the Air Force Academy in 1992, Longinos returned to Colorado Springs because of his love for the outdoors and beauty of the region, particularly the mountainous Front Range. He enjoys hiking in our areas’ great parks and trails and is an avid fisherman and tennis player.
His background includes a 20-year career as an Air Force Intelligence officer, retiring as a Lt. Colonel in 2012. Longinos has a Master’s Degree in science education and he was a teacher with Harrison School District 2 prior to his election.
Longinos’ community involvement includes serving on the State Board of Veterans Affairs, Colorado Springs Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee, and being a volunteer Sunday school teacher and lector at his church.
Longinos took the oath of office for his second four-year term on January 12, 2021.
Boards and Committees:
- Airport Advisory Commission (Co-Member with Commissioner VanderWerf)
- Board of Health (Co-Member with Commissioner Bremer)
- Colorado Springs Marijuana Working Group
- City/County Pikes Peak Library District Board (Co-Member with Commissioner Geitner)
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (Co-Member with Commissioner Williams)
- Fountain Creek Watershed (with Commissioner VanderWerf serving as the alternate)
- Fountain Valley Senior Center
- Opioid Funds Committee
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (Co-Members with Commissioners Geitner and Williams)
- Pikes Peak Rural Water Authority (Alternate to Commissioner Geitner)
- Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC Military Affairs Council
- El Paso County Groundwater Quality Study Committee
- El Paso County Pioneer Village Roads PID Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority Arkansas Basin Roundtable
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority Metro Roundtable
- Pikes Peak Regional Water Authority South Platte River Basin Roundtable Committee
- Widefield Water & Sanitation District Advisory Council