Commissioner Carrie Geitner was sworn in as the District 2 Commissioner on January 12, 2021. District 2 extends from east side Colorado Springs neighborhoods through Cimarron Hills, Falcon, Peyton, Calhan and Ramah.
Commissioner Geitner believes our collective responsibility is to build our community to fulfill the needs of one another. With a background in communications and outreach, Geitner hopes to build stronger relationships with the community and build trust in local government.
She is the first college graduate in her family, receiving her degree from the University of Central Florida where she majored in English with double minors in psychology and marketing. Shortly after college Geitner met and married her husband, Army Officer and State Representative Tim Geitner. Together they have two sons.
She spent several years in fundraising and community outreach for non-profit organizations including hospice and a school for the blind. She also worked to establish non-profit status and served as president of a newly formed foundation created to support military families and honor fallen soldiers through a memorial wall and park.
Experiencing life as a military spouse, Commissioner Geitner has increased compassion and empathy towards veterans and military families. It’s that understanding that has led Geitner to a life of servant leadership.
In 2020, Commissioner Geitner founded a charter school in District 2 and serves as the board president. She also owned and operated a small business.
Liaison to: Community Corrections Board, CSU Extension Advisory Committee, El Paso County Fair & Events Complex Advisory Board, El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation, Government Affairs Liaison – State Issues, Planning Commission.
Commissioner Geitner took the oath of office for her first four-year term on January 12, 2021.
Boards and Committees:
- City/County Regional Building Commission
- Falcon Community Builders for Classrooms
- City/County Pikes Peak Library District Board (Co-Member with Commissioner Gonzalez)
- Opioid Funds Committee
- Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA) (Co-Member with Commissioners Gonzalez and Williams)
- Regional Emergency Medical & Trauma Advisory Council
- Community Corrections Board
- CSU Extension Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Fair & Events Complex Advisory Board
- El Paso County Fairgrounds Corporation
- Government Affairs Liaison – State Issues
Chair/Vice-Chair Liaison To:
- Citizen Outreach Group (COG)
- El Paso County Facilities Corporation
- Health Plan Trust Board
- Six Star (Pikes Peak Association of Realtors)
- iInspire (Award Recognizing Local Youth Who Have Overcome Adversity)